VSEP Remy Martin Fine Champagne Cognac for Sale

One of our readers woud like to sell a beautiful VSEP Remy Martin Fine Champagne Cognac. VSEP? Wow.. let’s hold it right there. It’s not VSOP, it’s a VSEP.

(If you also have a Cognac bottle you would like to sell, or you need information about age or value – send us photos and information, just submit: Use this form – but please be aware: if you don’t follow the steps precisely, we will not publish your bottle.)

VSEP Remy Martin

Bottle

Fine Champagne
V.S.E.P.
E. Remy Martin & Co.

Fine Champagne Cognac
Product of France
Reg U.S. Pat. Off.
4/5 Quart 80 Proof
E. Remy Martin & Co.
Cognac
Established in 1724
Distilled and Bottled by E. Remy Martin & Co. Cognac-France
Imported by Renfield Importers LTD., Newark, N.J.
Distributed by Renfield Importers LTD., new York, N.Y.
Remy martin

Federal Law Forbids Sale Or Reuse of This Bottle

Representing Various Growths of the Cognac District
In order to have the right to be labelled fine champagne cognac, the brandy may contain only grande champagne and petite champagne and the proportion must be at least 50 0/0 of grande champagne

Fine Champagne Cognac Remy Martin is the natural product from wines gathered in the grande & petite champagne, which are known to produce the finest growths of cognac brandy.
Distilled under the control of the french authorities and bottled in cognac Remy Martin unites an assurance of genuine origin and of finest quality.
printed in France.

label-vsep-remy-martin

U.S. Internal Revenue

tax paid
36A3839176

“This was in my late grandfather’s liquor cabinet. I received the contents after he passed away. The bottle is in New Jersey USA.”

Our reader would like to sell. If you have an offer or a comment, please go for it and either comment below; or send a message to yourbottle@cognac-expert.com and we’ll put you in touch with the seller.

1. Kodi spencer November 27, 2012 at 7:10 am

I’m interested in bottle. I collect remy. I can offer you 150$

2. John Fleming December 5, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I have two bottles of Remy Martin fine champagne VSOP . One bottle is 750 ML and the other bottle is 500 ML. The bottles are at least 25 years old inhearted from my farther-in-law the famous Mr. Clean and other films with Boris Karloff and TV shows like My Favorite Martian, etc. The bottles are black. Any offers? email me: musichouse@roadrunner.com
    John Fleming

3. Mike December 11, 2012 at 12:57 am

I like cognac I can offer 300

4. William Palmer January 18, 2013 at 8:48 pm

I have an old EMPTY 1 gallon bottle of VSEP with only tiny tears in the label that I would like to know it’s worth and probalby sell.

5. Cognac Expert January 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Dear William, you need to be careful: sometimes people use old bottles and fill them up, sell them afterwards as old cognac.. just saying.

6. John Fleming January 18, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Dear William:
    I had two bottles of Remy Martin cognac but sold them. In my research I think an empty bottle might sell for about $15.00 but I’m not an expert. I gave my empty bottles to my housekeeper. She is going to keep them.
    John Fleming

7. William Palmer January 18, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Thanks. I collect beer and liquor items and couldn’t pass this up because the 1 gallon size would seem fairly rare. It also appears to have some age to it but I;m trying to downsize so I can move to Florida in a couple of years. Someone would want it for
    a display only item but finding them is the catch.

8. Kenneth February 19, 2013 at 8:51 am

If this bottle still available, i would like to pay $400 for it, just can’t let a like great bottle slides.

9. Kathy K March 5, 2013 at 2:08 am

I have a very old empty bottle, its Cognac Staub, actually a beautiful green bottle with the label. We did choose to drink it in 1984 as a celebration of my fathers life. I do know for a fact that is 100 years old or older. Please contact me with the value information, or if anyone is interested in pictures. Thank you

10. Diego March 12, 2013 at 5:42 am

i have 2 of these bottles from the 1950’s. They are the big 750ml bottles. I’m selling both of them. email me for more info.

11. Kathy March 17, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I appreciate the interest in my old 1 gallon Cognac bottle, would be happy to email pictures if there is further interest. Thank you

12. KETTY July 11, 2013 at 4:16 am

I have an equal bottle to this but of a gallon I am looking for prices any interested please to communicate with me.Thank you.

13. Kathy July 13, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I am still interested in selling my empty 1 gallon Cognac bottle. I have previously provided pctures and posted information in March. Please if interested contact me. Thank you

14. Sérgio July 27, 2013 at 12:55 am

I have a bottle of 1litre of REMY MARTIN COGNAC FINE CHAMPAGNE VSOP, 1984.
    Please let me know if you are interested.
    Thank you.

15. Sonny October 15, 2013 at 12:38 am

I have a bottle of E. Remy Martin Co. Fine Champagne Cognac. The label on the back identifies it as a V.S.O.P. This label also shows a map of the various growths of the Cognac District. It doesn’t show an import co. on the label. It does show a U.S. Air Force Open Mess Stamp. Looks to be fairly old. I can’t find a date on it anywhere. Any interest out there?

16. Michael October 16, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Did the original Remy Martin VSEP offered on this thread sell? If not, I will offer $200 for it.
    Sonny: could you post a picture of your bottle? Does the centaur on the label have a spear pointing down (Like the one in the photos above) or is it throwing a spear into the air? The Remy Martin logo changed in 1965 and this detail would help identify the age and value of your bottle.

17. Diego October 18, 2013 at 7:57 pm

2 bottles available 1950 Remy Martin Vsop Fine Champagne Cognac Sealed, from 1950′s

18. Michael October 21, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Please post photos. Contact Sebastian or use “SUBMIT BOTTLE” option below. If you have the same bottles as shown above I will bid.

19. William November 20, 2013 at 3:33 am

I just listed my EMPTY vintage Remy Martin one gallon VSEP on ebay. I’d like to
    see a true collector get it !

20. Diane November 30, 2013 at 7:23 pm

I have an unopened bottle of VSEP that I would like to sell. The label is exactly the same as the one pictured above.

21. Diane November 30, 2013 at 7:26 pm

FYI, I am located in Tyngsboro, MA

22. Kathy December 2, 2013 at 11:39 pm

I previously posted pictures in March of a 100 year old empty Cognac Staub 1 gallon bottle. It is imprinted on the back that Federal law prohibits the sale or re-use of this bottle. Is it true that I can get in trouble for selling it? It is a beautiful bottle I just need to find out the worth as I’m in need of selling it. Thank you

23. Michael December 3, 2013 at 1:38 pm

No trouble for selling the bottle 🙂
    The law that required this inscription on bottles was passed in 1932 and abolished in 1964. I was aimed at preventing people from refilling the bottles with cheap liquor for resale in the post prohibition era.
    The bad news… your bottle cannot be more than 81 years old (1932) if it has the inscription.

24. Debbie June 1, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Hi
    I have a bottle of Remy Martin VSEP fine champagne cognac which was recently given to me.
    What is the difference of VSOP and VSEP….does the VSEP bottle hold any value for me to sell?

25. Michael June 2, 2014 at 12:40 pm

The VSEP Is similar to VSOP but some collectors put a slightly higher price on the VSEP.

If your bottle looks like the one in the photos above (in particular the little centaur figure must point his lance down) and the fill level is good (The one above is too low) and the labels are in good condition, the cognac would be worth $200, $225 if you have the original box. That would be for the 4/5 Qt size bottle.

The 1 Qt, 1.5Qt, 1/2 Gallon and Gallon sizes are significantly more valuable.

26. Michael June 2, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Diane: Have you sold your VSEP cognac? If not I would be interested.

27. Ricardo November 1, 2014 at 1:38 am

The bottle I have looks the same as the bottle above, the only thing it’s
    V. S. O. P. Internal Revenue tax code it’s 201358262. Anyone interested please let me know, Thank you

28. Bob November 14, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I have a 1Litre bottle of Remi Martin V.S.O.P. 40% Champagne Cognac 1984.
    It is in its original box which is in great condition.
    I am open to offers.

Cheers,
    Bob.

29. Brenden July 20, 2015 at 5:23 am

I have the same bottle that is shown above with the original box if anyone is interested

30. Nora October 8, 2015 at 7:24 am

I have two 1 gallon bottles. One of them is new, unopened, still in the original shipping box sent from France. The other is open and about 2/3 full. How much are they worth? They are about 40 years old.

31. shelly October 27, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I have a 1 gallon 1928 French champagne dummy bottle, cork still in it and wires on it can some one help me out I can not find anything about this

32. ED November 26, 2015 at 6:34 pm

i have a Remy Martin VSEP bottle 20-“tall (not sure what that makes in liters a gallon). Tapped from the bottom. The centaur’s lance points to the down. Lables are all there- some fading from age. The label for the VSEP can be seen. The bottle was has a leaded glass shade to match the colors of the bottle with 2 fixtures for light bulbs. The light works fine. I am interested in the value of this. Thank you for your attention.

Ed

33. ROBERT GELENTER December 4, 2015 at 3:18 am

I have a sealed unopened bottle of the one shown above except mine is VSOP instead of VSEP. Bottle has “US Internal Revenue Distilled Spirit tax paid” label covering the bottle top with the number 36A6764759 printed on the seal. Would like to know the market price for this bottle and will accept the best offer if anyone would like to buy it.

34. Jovanne September 29, 2016 at 6:29 am

I have 2 bottles of remy Martin Visio cognac champagne it’s dark green bottles with gold labels on it and black lettering both are super old and still sealed with the sticker thing across the top just wondering about what year they might be and value thanks a million .. Please drink responsibly:)

35. Henry October 18, 2016 at 1:15 am

Hello i have 1 litre VSOP cogniac to sell, remi martini. 1984 years, how much will you pay? I can send you photos on your mail and check it out,

36. Max (Cognac-Expert.com) October 20, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Hey there, please take a look at Cognac Auctions

37. edward May 22, 2017 at 12:05 pm

I have a Remy Martin VSEP gallon bottle taped from the bottom, the white tape is still on the top of the bottle. Very good condition the VSEP label can be seen, a bit faded though. On the front label the spear is facing down. Many years ago I had a leaded glass shade made for the bottle 19″ wide and 13″ high to match the colors of the bottle. I am interested in selling all of it. Please let me know if you may have an interest.
    Edward

38. Jon May 14, 2018 at 2:30 pm

I have a one gallon with the spear pointing down remy VSEP gallon

I am interesting in selling

Pictures can be sent

39. Katja (Cognac-Expert.com) May 17, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Hello Jon,
    Please have a look at our auction section. The process of selling your bottle would include an estimation of your bottle´s value by our experts. For further questions, please have a look at our auction FAQ.

Thank you!