We asked around and gathered 10 reasons why we drink and love Cognac: the Cognac Manifest.
Input came from barkeepers, Charente farmers, aristocrats, hiphop lovers, wine shop managers, Japanese spirits bloggers and others: A mix of true and sometimes a bit ironical reasons, gathered by Cognac Expert.
Why do we drink and love Cognac? The Cognac Manifest.
- Cognac is much more than a drink, it’s an experience.
- It is based on grapes, which gives every Cognac a very complex, and wide taste range.
- It’s mixable and great for cocktails. Has been that way in the past and now is re-introduced to the cocktail culture again.
- It comes from a beautiful, very small, limited region in Soutwest France, the whole cultural and historic background is amazing.
- Napoleon, Kings and Emperors in this world used to consume it. We want to be part of that.
- It’s distilled twice in the alambic charentais, a sophisticated and extremly clever pot still.
- It is the best brandy in the world, due to regulations and quality rules.
- A Cognac can be aged for 100 years or longer, then can be blended with younger and different eaux-de-vie: Depends on the concept.
- There are so many smaller, unkown producers that create great eaux-de-vie; the family businesses are authentic.
- The whole language describing the cognac world is just “sexy”: Grande Champagne, Eaux de vie & Rancio, just to name three