We asked our Cognac facebook community on June 9th 2010 about their favourite Cognac. And here is the result: Hennessy (again) wins with 30%, followed by Rémy Martin 22%. Third place goes to Delamain and fourth is Braastad.
Click on the graph below for bigger size.
Interesting enough, that Martell is only mentioned 5% and Courvoisier is not mentioned once! Still, they make up (together with Remy & Hennessy) over 80% of the worldwide market.
Thanks a lot to all participants! Here are some quotes from different readers:
- “You can get a miniature 50ml of Louis XIII complete with red leather presentation case, which costs about the same as the same volume in a good restaurant or bar in UK.”
- “LOUIS XIII hands down. I have had two glasses in my life. Hennessy private reserve 1864 runs a close second in my book”
- “Hennessy Privlage or XO is extremely smooth. Hennessy Black is Horrible in my opinion. I’ll drink Vs b4 I drink Black”
- “Delamain’s Pale & Dry — and I defy you to find better for the price range.”
- “Church on the Pure White!!!”
Here are the brands mentioned by our readers, a total of 61 persons answered.