Old Martell V.S.O.P bottle

We gather requests and searches of certain bottles. Just contact us and we’ll publish your bottle here on Cognac Expert.  How much is this bottle of Cognac worth? How can I ascertain the age of this bottle?

If you know something about this bottle, please share your knowledge! Thanks in advance!

I received a bottle of Cognac for Christmas from my son, a client of his had given my son the bottle. He and I aren’t really Cognac people although we do like to enjoy some lively discussion, a good cigar, and a snifter on occasion.

GoodVSOP

We’re definitely not experts in the area. Since that time I’ve used every technique, avenue, search engine, you name it, on the Web trying to find out some details about this particular bottle.

GoodFull

I hope they show someone who’s an authority enough detail to be able to give me some idea of the history, vintage, background, whatever, related to this bottle of Martell.

GoodLbL

Appreciate any information you can provide.

1. John May 7, 2010 at 9:17 pm

I have a bottle of J.F. Martell Cognac I would like some help researching. There’s no date on the bottle although it does have a tax stamp with # 386497047 Thanks,
    John

2. Stefan July 16, 2010 at 9:56 pm

This Martell VSOP has been bottled in the 1950’s. I would rather sell it to a collector (they are quite rare) and buy a XO to drink instead.

3. Joe Nguyen November 5, 2010 at 5:09 pm

Hi John .
    Please email me at quydn@hotmail.com if you would like to sell it . thanks .
    JOE.

4. rob August 25, 2011 at 8:53 pm

i have this bottle of martell cognac if you are interested jprcontractors@hotmail.com

5. Louie May 25, 2012 at 6:35 am

Hi ,

If you want to sell ,

Please contact email (Comment by admin: Please first place an offer, later on you may communicate via email. We are trying to make this more transparent for everyone here. Thank you.)

B.rgds. Louie

6. Andrey January 21, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Hello.
    I will buy very expensively! (comment by the admin: Dear Andrey, please first place your offer, then once the owner reacts in the post, you will be able to communicate via email)

7. Michael October 27, 2013 at 4:58 am

If the original VSOP bottle shown in the photos above is still for sale I will offer $400 for it. It is a 1950s VSOP which is much better than a current VSOP because they used older cognacs to make VSOP in those years. Today’s VSOP just meets the minimum age criteria to be called VSOP.

8. Rachel May 2, 2014 at 10:18 am

Hi, we have a smaller bottle of this brandy with an untouched seal we would like to date and price. Is anyone able to help?

9. Michael May 2, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Hello Rachel.
    Yes I can help you date and give you a value on the bottle. I also responded to your message on Drinks Planet. Is it a VSOP or a 3-star VOP? Note that the label on the neck of the bottle was the only difference between the various grades of cognac in those years. You say “smaller bottle” – is it the 35 cl version or a flask style bottle?

10. Rik October 19, 2015 at 1:49 pm

I have a martell vop sombody intrested

11. Murray smith November 12, 2016 at 2:46 pm

We have a lantern shaped unopened bottle of cognac Gautier vsop, which we have had for at least 20years. What would the monetary value be and also the history. This lantern still has a gold paper label attached.