New figures released by the BNIC reports that the popularity of cognac just keeps going up and up. Of course, here at Cognac Expert it doesn’t surprise us that the joys of eaux-de-vie continue to be introduced to a whole new echelon of drinkers, and now that Cognac has thrown off its stuffy image it has opened up a whole new market to the younger generation.
Grow, Cognac, Grow
So let’s have a look at the geographic sales:
- North America + 9,0 % 142 396 hl AP make up 50,9 million bottles
- Europe + 13,5 % 133 162 hl AP make up 47,6 million bottles
- Middle East, Asia + 28,7 % 143 969 hl AP make up 51,4 million bottles
- Rest of the world + 31,3 % 17 462 hl AP make up 6,2 million bottles
Sales of all types of cognac are up:
- VS sales are up 8% to 199,441 hl AP which equates to 71.2 million bottles.
- VSOP sales are up 23.4% to 178,168 hl AP which equates to 63.7 million bottles
- Old Cognac (XO and older) sales are up an amazing 34.6% to 53,380 hl AP which equates to 21.1 million bottles