Camus Napoleon Cognac, Bi-Centenaire de L’Empereur 1769-1969

One of our readers recently inherited a very interesting item as part of his mother’s estate. A very special cognac-brands/camus-cognac?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=artikel&utm_campaign=kblinker” class=”kblinker” title=”More about camus »”>Camus napoleon cognac »”>Napoleon Cognac porcelain bottle.

(If you also have a bottle you would like to submit, please use our form)

It comes in a white cardboard box, which contains a velvety blue card box inside. Opening this up reveals a blue ”bottle” of cognac in the shape of a book with a spare Napoleon hat ”stopper” for when it is opened. It is still sealed and not a drop has been touched.

Camus Napoleon Cognac

Its has lettering on it describing it as: Camus Napoleon Cognac, Bi-Centenaire de L’Empereur 1769-1969

Camus Napoleon Cognac

Napoleons bicentennial

Searching for an item like this on the web brings up a couple of references to it on the web that its porcelain with gold leaf lettering/imageing and was a limited edition produced to celebrate Napoleons bicentennial.

Camus Napoleon Cognac

The bottle also reads Production Limitée Reservée a Camus Cognac: Model Déposé. And it comes from Porcelaine Limoges Castel France.

Camus Napoleon Cognac

If any of the visitors can give a bit more information about it and perhaps tell the owner what the item is worth.
Thanks a lot.

1. Greg September 14, 2010 at 10:26 am

Hey any update on how much it might be worth I have the same set

2. anthony nishimura March 30, 2011 at 12:58 pm

i have one but it dosent look the samen as the one in the picture, mine isent blue , but it still looks like a book, and it say in the bottom 200 jubi 1769 – 1969 serial number JR0516 3-5 what is it worth???

3. Cognac Expert March 30, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Anthony, it’s always difficult to judge without a picture. Please use our SUBMIT A BOTTLE function – and it’s highly likely you will get some help, or even a buyer for your cognac bottle.

4. Mike June 19, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I too have one of the same edtion but in green
    dont need to submit a foto surely
    just imagine the blue one in green !
    number 0193
    would be interested in selling if we can establish some basis of price
    i see they’ve just brought out a Renoir limited edition in similar form @ €139
    any offers ?? im in uk

5. janet August 23, 2011 at 3:36 pm

I have one that is similar but is in a 22k gold in a red velour box . Anyone interested?

6. Claire September 13, 2011 at 2:06 pm

I have two bottles of the same one as in the picture, I would be very interested in selling them, I’m in the UK

7. Selena September 22, 2011 at 4:21 am

I have a bottle the same as the picture the number underneath is 0345 I’m in Australia….does anyone know how much this is worth? Ive had it for 30 years

8. tony October 2, 2011 at 7:52 am

I have a similar bottle in the shape of a book but it is white base colour with green and gold style binding,gold writing,picture of napoleon in uniform one side, crest and BI CENTENAIRE DE L’EMPEREUR NAPOLEON 1er 1769 1969 ,No B1886. i am in australia just looking for any price information.

9. joe gomez October 14, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I have tha exact same bottle as #8 tony and want to sell it for a fair price im in georgia, u.s.a mine isenclosed in a gray velvet case with the N seal

10. yen pu October 20, 2011 at 9:39 am

I have a bottle of camus cognac blue bottle with gold writing on the box pattern porcelain egg decanter I want to know the material he can help me?

11. William November 22, 2011 at 2:25 am

I have the same bottle as #8. I would like to kbow its value. I live on the Island od Saipan.

12. selena November 22, 2011 at 10:06 am

Does anyone ever give an answer re the price on these posts? can’t see the point if you say its the same as the one in the picture and still not getting a repy?

13. tomas December 14, 2011 at 3:55 am

I am just going to drink it.

14. nicole alexander January 5, 2012 at 9:15 pm

my father owns a similar book version but white and blue – it’s a bi-centennial edition with napoleon on the front. looks like it’s worth about $150-$200 – check it out – http://www.leski.com.au/catalogues/a158/AWO.htm

15. Selena January 6, 2012 at 12:10 pm

LOL Thomas….with the results on this forum…I might do the same!!! cheers Selena

16. bryanTimmins March 15, 2012 at 4:15 pm

just bought one in green immaculate if empty. £150.00 probably overpaid a bit but they are rare.

17. Cognac Expert March 16, 2012 at 12:05 am

Thanks for sharing Bryan

18. maureen March 31, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I have similar it is a Green book Napoleon one side Bi-Centenaire De L’Empereyr Napoleon – 1769 -1969 Limoges Castel FRANCE 22x Gold Limited Edition
    interested in offers

19. warwick May 8, 2012 at 8:48 am

i have a nice 1 , in blue & the box , with a round stamp on the left bottom , some coat of arms with MNP underit the france under it & LIMOGES on the bottom , right of stamp , it says – production limitee Reservee a Camus Congac ! number L0819 , anyone intrested ? sydney australia !!!! send msg on fb , better than email!!! name warwick towle , picture of me standing next 2 a red mazda rotary R100 ok ???

20. G.Sarwar Khero August 2, 2012 at 6:57 am

It comes in different sizes and colours.I have two sizes green and black with multi colour Napoleon full standing picture.So price may depend on these factors as well..

21. Frank W April 24, 2013 at 9:08 pm

I have white bottle shaped like a book gold trim and pic of Napoleon on front andbicentennial 1769-1969 on reverse. Bottom inscription Production Limitee Reservee aCamus-Cognac serie No BD 533.
    It is unopened and in a green felt style box.
    Any idea of value???

22. Ian Compton May 13, 2013 at 10:02 am

I have a book type bi centenaire napoleon 1769 -1969.full. and still in the box it came with. has batch number and series numbers on it. It is white with gold trim with Napoleon standing upright. INTERESTED in a price please ????? thanks Ian

23. jayne July 20, 2013 at 8:26 pm

hi I have a blue book….22 k gold..but with a blue and gold stopper. no box…sorry. Would be interested in selling it. I bought it at a carboot…..cheers….

24. Carolyn April 12, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Hello, I have the exact same one(blue box ) and I have no idea what it sells for…..but I tried to sell it at several liquor stores in San Diego and was basically run out of the stores and told not to try this again something about the ATF….Thank you PS I would like to sell this asap

25. Michael April 15, 2014 at 4:50 am

The liquor laws of the US are quite tricky… You cannot sell liquor without a license. This law is designed to prevent bootlegging and prevent individuals selling alcohol around the state taxes to force liquor producers to sell through official channels.
    You own a bottle of old liquor which has already been taxed so nobody really cares about it but you are technically not allowed to resell it because the laws do not differentiate between selling and reselling. You are not selling liquor, you are reselling a collectible which happens to contain liquor…
    On the other hand the state absolutely does not want liquor stores to buy from anyone but official licensed distributors so the penalty for a liquor store owner to buy from an unlicensed seller is quite severe. If they buy from you they will lose their license and may even go to jail.
    If you sell it to an individual nobody will care.

26. Carolyn April 18, 2014 at 6:37 pm

In Reply to Michael: Thank you so much for the info.. I understand now and will be cautious about whom I sell to! I do not want to cause anybody trouble.. Your very kind

27. John May 26, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Hi Carolyn how much you want for it.

28. Carolyn July 13, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Hi John, I was trying to get $700.00 for it…..the cognac is 300yo and should by really smooth..if your are interested please e-mail me. Thank you

29. Michael July 14, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Carolyn:
    The cognac is nowhere near 300 years old. The bottle was sold in 1969 to commemorate the 200 year anniversary of Napoleon’s birth.
    Camus Cognac only exists since 1863 so their absolutely oldest cognac in 1969 would have been 106 years old.
    This cognac was probably 20-30 years old (ie distilled around 1939-1949). Cognac “age” is measured as the number of years it has spent in casks prior to bottling. After bottling the cognac no longer ages so those years count toward the age of the bottle (ie how collectible it has become) but cannot be added to the age of the cognac.

30. Carolyn July 20, 2014 at 1:51 am

Hi Michael, Thank you for the info…This is what I was told about this by one of the liquor store owners….I would love to sell it and I tried to put my e-mail up but it wouldnt allow me to do so….

31. Sebastian (Cognac-Expert.com) July 20, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Carolyn, thanks for your recent comment. For several reasons we do not accept simply pasting email addresses into the comments – first we recommend to clarify the important details such as price, location and so on via the comment function. Once this is done, please contact us via info@cognac-expert.com and we’ll put you in touch.

32. John November 3, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Does anyone have tasting notes on this cognac? I’m more of a drinker than a collector. I’d like to hear from anyone who has tasted it. Is there any way to find out how old the cognac was when it was bottled? I have the green bottle and it’s still full. My tenth wedding anniversary is coming up so I thought we’d try it.

33. John November 3, 2014 at 2:06 pm

(cont.) I have the green bottle and it’s still full. My tenth wedding anniversary is coming up so I thought we’d try it.

34. Michael November 3, 2014 at 9:24 pm

John,
    I have no tasting notes on this particular Camus but in general Camus Porcelain decanters are filled with very average cognac as it targets collectors of Limoges porcelain rather than cognac drinkers.
    Additionally cognac typically doesn’t fare well in this type of container.
    If you are going to drink the cognac I would select a better grade cognac in a regular bottle rather than spend the money on a mediocre cognac in a fancy container.

35. TrueBie September 26, 2015 at 10:40 am

i have a darker bottle in blue but it reads in the bottom product limitee Reservee a camus-cognac serie no. A 2267 . please help me tell me it worth….it is still sealed and never been opened. it looks like a book

36. iAN April 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm

I have a bottle similar to the photo but its green in colour with gold lettering. I am in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and would like to sell it if its the right price.

37. jessica September 19, 2017 at 8:18 am

i have the same in green with gold writing,
    I’m in australia.
    Happy to sell for a bargin

38. Katja Verkh November 7, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Hey Jessica,

Would you like to sell your cognac? If yes, you can have a look at our auction section. The process would include an estimation of your bottle´s value by our experts. For further questions, please have a look at our auction FAQ.

Thank you!