Beautiful 1914 Thomas Hine & Co Fine Grande Champagne Cognac

Here comes a beautiful Thomas Hine & Co Fine Grande Champagne Cognac from 1914! Our reader would like to learn more about this cognac…

(If you also have a Cognac bottle you would like to sell, or you need information about age or value – send us photos and information, just submit: Use this form – but please be aware: if you don’t follow the steps precisely, we will not publish your bottle.)

Grande Champagne 1914 on the neck label:

on the ‘main’ label
Hine
Produce of France
70 proof
T. Hine & Co.
Established 1763
Cognac
The usual things about shipping and bottling and being only from the Cognac district.

“I inherited this bottle from my Mother some years ago. She received it as a gift from the original purchaser. I have the bottle on its side in a temp controlled location.”

Whole bottle

This bottle is for sale – please leave comments if you have any.

Learn more about the house of Cognac Hine.

1. 1914 Hine owner March 15, 2012 at 2:54 pm

The bottle IS for sale, and I’m in the process of determining a fair value. I’d appreciate any information on valuation and/or offers to the email provided. Thank you!

2. Vickie March 15, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Please use vjwallis@gmail.com if you have a serious interest in purchasing this very rare bottle of Hine 1914 Cognac.

Known as the “Ladies Vintage” it was distilled primarily by women as war broke out in Europe. It was aged in casks until 1958 and then stored in demijohns until it was bottled in 1987.

Thanks for your interest.

3. roman January 30, 2013 at 2:56 pm

please let me know if the bottle is still for sale

4. Vickie July 13, 2014 at 4:54 pm

The bottle is still for sale… I have had several people come forward with interest, including someone at the moment. I am currently considering putting the bottle on eBay with a reserve price.

Thank you for looking!

5. Michael July 16, 2014 at 10:50 pm

If you are in the US you can no longer list liquor on eBay. Even “collectible” bottles “not intended for consumption” can no longer be sold (This was the old loophole open to cognac and whiskey collectors)

You can still sell on Craigslist and through Cognac Expert and Cognac Forum.
    Alternatively an auction house like Bonhams would sell your bottle but you will only get about 61% of the final sales price after fees so you need to be sure that you can get a significantly higher price before going that route.

I can offer $600 for this fine cognac if you want to sell it here.

6. Roman July 17, 2014 at 4:18 pm

My offer is $700 shipped to Ohio

7. Michael July 17, 2014 at 6:11 pm

I will offer $750 shipped to Maryland.

8. Vickie July 17, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Thanks for the renewed interest folks. This bottle is no longer available.

I appreciate the offers as well as advice. 🙂

9. Christopher February 24, 2016 at 10:26 pm

Bonjour,

J’ai exactement la même bouteille que je souhaite vendre.

Si vous souhaitez l’acheter, n’hésitez pas à me contacter.

Bien à vous,

10. Branston Best January 16, 2017 at 8:29 pm

I have a button of hine & co cognac 1763

11. Jackie December 3, 2017 at 4:11 pm

Hi, I have a bottle of this 1914 Hine champagne cognac which I am trying to find the value of, if any one can help?

Thanks in anticipation……

12. Katja (Cognac-Expert.com) December 5, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Hey Jackie,
    If you are interested in selling you can have a look at our auction section. The process would include an estimation of your bottle´s value by our experts. For further questions, please have a look at our auction FAQ.
    Thank you!