We guess this expresses how much we are in love with cognac.
Here is the question of the week: If cognac was a car… what kind of car would Conjure Cognac be? What about Camus? And of course the big ones, Hennessy and Courvoisier?
Well, we asked four friends to help us. The “car-cognac-brand-team” consists of Europeans who work in advertising. Their mission was to pair 12 car brands with some cognac brands of their choice.
And here is the result! See their explanations and comments at the bottom of the article – and don’t hesitate to let us know what you think.
And here is the team’s explenations:
If cognac was a car…
1. Hennessy would be a Mercedes. Just the largest cognac brand out there (even if it should be then Toyota/Vokswagen.. but that does not really fit either). Big, rather beautiful.. known and demanded all over the world. Read more about Hennessy Cognac.
2. Martell would be Audi: Simplistic, powerful but with understatement – and still traditional. Learn more about Martell
5. Braastad would be Saab: Again, Scandinavian as the brand has Swedish origins (and is not German, and yes, Braastad is Norwegian – not Swedish), today belongs to GM. Solid quality. Read more about Cognac Braastad.
6. Camus would be Honda! Yes, a Japanese. Honda makes excellent engines and very good cars – as Camus creates great cognac, and targets Asian markets. Learn more about Camus Cognac.
7. Delamain would be Peugot: The house of Delamain is a very, very traditional and rather conservative quality producer – the brand image is quite French. Peugot is a pretty good fit. Learn more about Delamain.
8. Courvoisier would be BMW: Bayrische Motoren Werke, the quality car from Bavaria, Germany. BMW is a sporty car brand, with a lot of tradition – and just feels like as one of the top car brands you can’t go wrong with, like Napoleon‘s cognac, Courvoisier. Learn more about the house of Courvoisier.
9. Conjure cognac would be Cadillac! Yes! Cadillac is a modern myth, a great American car – powerful and with a great success story. Just like Conjure, which is a cognac that primarily was positioned as cognac for the US market. Learn more about Conjure.
10. Hine would be MINI: Mini is a lifestyle car, a modern & small car – with a traditional and dynamic image. Hine is a small, but very known producer with excellent quality cognacs. The brand image of Hine is simplistic, modern and stylish. Learn more about Hine.
11. Pierre Ferrand would be Ford, the great American car which is strong at functional things – dating back to the great tradition when Henry Ford started modern & precise manufacturing. Not that Ferrand is a mass product but the cognac house produces a range of other spirits and is totally in love with their product line. One passionate man stands for the brand, Alexandre Gabriel – like the name Ford stands for one of the most famous car brands in the world. Read more about Cognac Ferrand.
12. Remy Martin would be Jaguar: Agile, very elegant and always ready to attack. The family company Remy Martin (belongs to Remy Cointreau) is one of the biggest brands in the world, and produces the famous Louis XIII cognac which assembles 100 year old eaux-de-vies. Classic, historic, elegant and successful – like Jaguar. Learn more about Rémy Martin cognac.
Now, what do you think?